Wednesday

Friperie goodness

So on a brighter note, I picked up this little bundle of books for the princely sum of $3.50. Pilgrim at Tinker Creek came with a small shipping fee but has provided me with such beautiful respite from the tedium of the metro rides in the last week, it's more than earned its keep! Thanks to T for the recommendation - I'm so enjoying it.



We took a walk down by the river yesterday and took some pictures. I only had BW film in my cameras so I took a few snapshots with my phone.. but it couldn't capture the beautiful colours against the pale of the landscape. It's a shame we can't get any closer to the river itself near our place; the railway and the industrial buildings along the shore are well fenced and inaccessible. Still, it's a nice walk anyway.



 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah yes, a book certainly helps on the crowded underground! Beautiful pictures, the walk looks really nice. x

the river said...

Definitely - short trips I'm happy to 'people watch' or just to sit and think, but on the longer stretches I need the books!