Saturday

Throwing it up and out and waving at it...


First up, this is for D: Paul's Boutique. Put it on... :)


I'm a lazy writer. I do run through my thoughts, put words into order and play with them in my head and hands and at my own pace. Where the process breaks down is in the recording of this play, in making these thoughts concrete. Because I also have a bad memory and so.. ideas can be with me but fleetingly.

I'm a flutterby sanctuary.
I'm an aimiable goldfish.

I'm an old woman busy with her memories of yesteryearday...

The point of this is just that I have so much to update at once, it becomes too much to do well and I throw pictures at you, sans histoire. And quite a bit of my blog is spent making excuses for that.

Anyway. Perhaps I'm only talking to myself. So it must be time to throw some pictures at the wall...



Walking the alleyways, enjoying good food, good company, good pictures.

and then:

Fred started painting again. We both did. It must be a sign of finally feeling settled here. It's a good thing.


I also went to my first Drink & Draw session which I hope to attend at least every second week... it felt wonderful to just do it. In a room full of people with friendly eyes and charcoal smudged cheekbones.


My house feels more like home now. It takes time and it will feel more and more like us as time goes by. Even sparsley furnished and with very little on the walls, it's feeling pretty good. As do my new PJs. I can't get over my little room. I feel incredibly lucky to have such a beautiful workspace, me space. I must have photographed the window in here a hundred times already...





Mirou is well & truly happy to be here now. While Fred was away, he slept near my pillow all night and was watching for my waking so he could come and purr on me.

So maybe, after a bit of a dark & stormy two months, this augers the beginning a new cycle, one where I'm feeling consciously grateful for all that is good. And then gathering it up and throwing it out here, against this wall.

Voila.



4 comments:

Lin said...

And just to say: I am reading! Just don't often have anything significant to add to a comment. :)

karine leger said...

moi aussi : ) toujours

K said...

love the paintings.

the river said...

Thanks all three of you!